Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Thursday 4 September 2014

Red Band Society: Episode 1- "Pilot" Review


Red Band Society: Episode 1- "Pilot"

The amount of medical shows I watch can be counted on one finger (Scrubs) due to the fact that I am a slight hypochondriac. And by slight I mean I'm a crazy-freakazoid hypochondriac. So I went into this pilot episode expecting to turn it off or at the very least, not continue on with the series. I was more than surprised that by the end of the episode, I had fallen in love and I'm sure this will end up being one of my favorite pilots of the fall season. The acting from all the kids was above average and I loved Octavia Spencer. My favorite storyline has to be Charlie's. He's in a coma and he hilariously narrates the show. My favorite scene is when Kara unconsciously falls down, her subconscious and his (Charlie's) subconscious are able to interact and he asks her for a favor. Also very excited to see Thomas Ian Nicholas in the show who I hope is a regular.

Even though the topic of the series (youth in the hospital) is pretty depressing, they find a way to make it uplifting. The pilot episode just has so much heart with a bit of a Breakfast Club feel to it. I laughed, I cried and I have set my PVR to series record. 


Grade: A

**Follow me on twitter @popculturedlife for celebrity autographs, TV/Movie/Music/Board Game reviews and much more**

No comments:

Post a Comment