Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Game Time! Aladdin: The Magic Carpet Game Review

Aladdin: The Magic Carpet Game Review


Ages: 5+

Year: 1992

Players: 2-4 (For the purpose of this review, 2 people played)

Set Up Time: 2 minutes

Playing Time: Took us 8 minutes.

Object: Complete rescue mission and get the Genie card.



Review:
+ I am very easily amused and this game captured my full attention. Someone was brilliant enough to create a Magic Carpet game where you get to put your pawns on the Magic Carpet and spin them around the board. I probably had just as much fun spinning them around as a kid would, though possibly more. I spun that carpet around the board so fast, I'm pretty sure I made Jasmine sick. The bonus is that the pieces were well built to withstand my spinning 23 years later.
+ The amount of rescue missions each player will have to complete will change with the amount of players. 
+ You get to play as your favorite character! 

- The hardest part of this game is trying to get your spinner to land on all your mission spots. When you get down to only one or two mission's left, it may take many turns with nothing else to do but spin the spinner.


Overall:
This is my first time playing this board game but it will not be my last. I love interactive games and getting to spin the Magic Carpet around the board was more than enough to keep me entertained. Thankfully, the game was built well and it plays no different now than it probably did 23 years ago and chances are it will still play the same 15 years from now.

B

**Stay tuned to my blog every Tuesday for more board game reviews and check out some previously posted blog reviews below**
**Follow me on twitter @popculturedlife for more**

Previous Board Game Reviews:
The Addams Family: Find Uncle Fester! Card Game

No comments:

Post a Comment