Blog Archive- Check Out Past Articles!

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Game Time! Jumanji

Jumanji 

Year: 1995

Ages: 8+

Players: 2-4

Set Up Time: 1 minute

Playing Time: Took us 12 minutes

Object: Reach the center and call out Jumanji before jungle disasters overpower you.



Review:
+ Large board which makes it very easy to see and I like the secret decoder that you use when you pick a card.

- Took longer to read the instructions and figure out how to play, than to actually play the game.
- I didn't like the fact that if you have too many jungle disasters going on in the game all players lose. If I was playing a game where all the players lost, I would really be annoyed that I wasted my time for there not to be a winner. Ironically this is how I feel about Amazing Race episodes that are non-elimination. My time is valuable and I'm playing to be the winner. 


Overall:
My main problem with this game is the fact that I had built up so much anticipation for it over the years and was very disappointed when I actually played it. I understand that monkeys and lions and elephants can't actually come out of the board like in the movie, but it just left me feeling very let down, much like experiencing the Jaws ride in Universal Studios Florida for the first time before they closed it. I had a picture in my head of how it was going to be, and when it finally happened, it had fallen short of my expectations. Though I'm sure fans of the book may find it to be more interesting than I did.


C

**Stay tuned to my blog every Tuesday for more board game reviews! Check out some previously posted board game reviews below and follow me on Twitter @popculturedlife for more**


Previous Board Game Reviews:
- The Jetsons Game
Indiana Jones Akator Temple Race Game
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York Board Game
The Hardy Boys Mystery Game: The Secret of Thunder Mountain
Gummi Bears: The Secret of Gummi Glen Game
Guess Who: Star Wars Edition
Goosebumps: Terror In The Graveyard Game
- G.I. Joe: Live The Adventure
- Game of Life: Despicable Me Edition
- Family Feud DVD Edition
- Ducktales Game
- Downton Abbey: The Board Game
- Dinosaurs: Gotta Love Me Game
- Dennis The Menace Board Game
- A Day With Ziggy
Cootie
Clue: The Big Bang Theory Edition
- Candy Land: Disney Princess Edition
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Board Game
- Beverly Hills 90210 Card Game
- Beetlejuice: A Bone to Pick Game
- Batman: The Chase Through Gotham City
- The Baby-Sitters Club Mystery Game
- Aladdin: The Magic Carpet Game
- The Addams Family: Find Uncle Fester! Card Game

No comments:

Post a Comment